Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Wedding Envy... I has it!

So it seems all my friends, all my Facebook friends, all my boyfriends friends, all my work colleagues and all the celebrities are getting married.  Everyone but me!


At first it was exciting, and I love to see the different ideas everyone had and all the pretty dresses... now I am realising that I wont be getting married for at least another TWO years!  This makes me sad, but I am not sure why, I'm still young, celebrities will always be getting married... I don't want to get married for the sake of the wedding.  But still I feel envy, as though I am being left behind, as if I am stuck in my youth not moving forward and becoming the women I always imagined?

I need to spend more time with my single friends and remember I am still way off 30, and that marriage is not the light at the end of the tunnel - there is a whole life atfer that of commitment to one person (hopefully the right person, I am not a fan of divorce).

Being in a couple and hanging out with your single friends is hard though, you become a couple, doing everything together, being apart seems hard, there is no need to be 'cool' and go to bars or clubs any more... this is a ridic statement, and a cliché but its still true in itself!  We all are just looking for that person to couple up with and snuggle on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment